Thursday, October 14, 2010

10.14.10

So, I'm sometimes a little scatterbrained. On Monday, I lost the keys to our car while we were at Cory's parent's house. So, we had to sleep in Arlington (with no overnight things), borrow his mom's car, and wake up at 5:15 so I could drive Cory to work. It was AWESOME. The best part was that we couldn't see the keys in the car and I could not figure out where I left them. Well, actually maybe the best part was the fact that it's our only set of keys. Or that it had our house key on it so we were locked out. I guess it's a toss up.

So, after taking Cory to work, I sat in the car in the parking lot for two hours (okay, it was like 6:30am so it's not like I was going to go and run all my errands) until the apartment office opened and could let us into our house. I was about to go to the dealership to buy a new set of keys (pricy!) when Haley (Cory's sister) said that my keys had gotten buried under the carseat in her car! yay!

So, I drove up to Frisco, made a quick leisurely trip to IKEA, and got my keys. Then, I drove to Arlington to trade Cory's mom's car for my car. Then, I drove back to my house. Yeah, that only took most of the day.

I'd like to say things like this don't happen all the time. But, then earlier tonight I felt something under my shirt. I had my pearl necklace chilling in my bra...No, they didn't fall off while I was wearing them. Apparently it seemed like a good idea when I was in a hurry for work at 7:15am to stash them there until I had time to put them on. So, I wore my pearls in my shirt all day.

I decided to be a substitute. I think it will help me meet lots of teachers and help people know me at different schools. I've done a few days and it's been pretty good :) I actually already had a teacher request me back. I loved his class and kind of wish it were mine so I was happy to do it. As always, we're horrible at taking pictures, but I will take some of the baby shower for Christine this weekend! I'm heading to Austin tomorrow to get ready for that and coming back Saturday.

Until then, here's an oldie, but always a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment